This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Being a mom was something I always wanted and frankly, it was something I thought I would be good at. So it came as a bit of a surprise when, a few years after giving birth to my boys, I started saying some strange and unusual things. Really unusual things. In honor of Mother’s Day, I thought I would share a few phrases that I hear coming out of my mouth these days. Can you relate to any of them?
1. You are NOT allowed to sit on top of the refrigerator!
2. Your Feet Must Be Below Your Head at all times!
3. Chickens are not allowed inside the house.
4. Stop kissing the baby!!! (You’ll wake him up!)
5. Yes, you need to wear underwear. Every day.
6. And shoes. If I hear one more time that you can’t find your shoes I may lose my religion.
7. No! Don’t Eat the Fireants! I don’t care WHO did it on Be the Creature!
8. No, If the baby is a girl we cannot name her “Spaghetti.” No, if the baby is a boy we definitely can not name him “Meatball.”
9. Don’t eat the dog food! It’s not gluten free!
10. No, you may NOT jump off the bunkbed head first to see how well your football helmet works. Yes, I know you have an uncle who did that once. Irrelevant.
And as a Bonus:
11. No, you may not shave your head and pretend to be Mr. Clean.
I love those children of mine!
Happy Mother’s Day!
(What crazy things do you find yourself saying to your children? Please leave them in the comments below! Let me know I’m not the only one who says stuff like this!)