We all want our children to leave home with happy memories of their time with us, but it’s so hard to carve time out for memory making when there’s cleaning and sleepless nights and extra curricular activities and other obligations and… and… and…
This printable makes it super easy to insert some fun traditions into your schedule. Just pick one and you can begin tonight!
- Pajama Run – Send the kids to bed as usual. Then, without warning, wake everyone up and take them somewhere fun (like out for ice cream) in their pajamas!
- The Family Handshake – Create a Family Handshake and then keep it top secret. It can be as simple as squeezing someone’s hand 3 times to say “I love you” or as complicated as you would like!
- Sing Around The Campfire – Gather together in the backyard and sing around a campfire. Be sure to check for local restrictions, first. If you can’t have a campfire in the backyard, light several candles (safely!) in the living room and just pretend!
- Family Sleepover – This is like camping out, but in the living room! Fun snacks and a game or a video make the family sleepover even better!
- Start a “What We Learned Today” Journal – Each night have each member of the family record what they learned that day. After you’ve done this for a while, have fun reviewing older books.
- Fondue Party – Chop up veggies and serve them with a cheese fondue or chop up fruit and serve it with a dessert fondue. Either way, this is a nice slow way to enjoy a meal together.
- Variety Show – Gather the family together and let each person take a turn sharing something. They might tell a story, read a poem, sing a song, demonstrate a talent… Anything goes!
For more ideas, Download your free Family Traditions Cheat Sheet Here!