Homeschooling friends, do I ever have a treat for you today! With the holidays upon us, schedules are about to get very hectic, but what if the new year could bring homeschooling refreshment and encouragement? Today, one of our site sponsors is offering just that to one very lucky Good Old Days Farm reader! Great Homeschool Conventions is offering to give one family a full registration and up to four special event tickets!
The 2017 convention dates and locations are:
TEXAS Homeschool Convention, Fort Worth Convention Center, Fort Worth, TX – February 23-25, 2017
SOUTHEAST Homeschool Convention, TD Convention Center, Greenville, SC, March 16-18, 2017
MIDWEST Homeschool Convention, Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati, OH, April 20 – 22, 2017
CALIFORNIA Homeschool Convention, Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, CA, June 15 – 17, 2017
If you win, you get to pick which convention is most convenient to attend. (Maybe I’ll see you at the Fort Worth, TX Convention?) A family registration covers you, your spouse, children/teens, and their grandparents to hear the workshops and shop the exhibit hall for all three days of the convention. Even the grandparents get to come!
Who Will Be Speaking?
This year, Great Homeschool Conventions will feature more than 230 speaking sessions, led by a world-class featured speaker roster which also includes a number of highly-focused special tracks:
- Cynthia Tobias,a regular contributor and radio broadcaster for Focus on the Family, will be speaking in the Parenting Track along with Norm Wakefield, Drive Thru History’s Dave Stotts, Thomas White, Pastor Randy Frazee, and more.
- Warner Wallace, atheist-turned-Christian author and homicide detective, will speak to teens during the Real Faith for the Real World teen track.
- Sarah Mackenzie, Christopher Perrin, Adam Andrews, John De Gree, Dr. Carol Reynolds, S.D. Smith, and more, are back and better than ever, presenting invaluable sessions for the Classical Education Track.
- New this year is the Charlotte Mason Track with guest presenters Brandy Vencel, Jen Spencer, and Sheila Carroll.
- Janice Campbellwill be sharing her wisdom and years of experience as a seasoned homeschooler in the Homeschool 101 track structured to guide beginning homeschooling families and those just considering homeschooling.
- The College Track, sponsored by Cedarville University, will address theme Life Beyond High School: How to pay for and go through the process of choosing the right college.
- Parents with Special Needs and Gifted Childrenwill be encouraged in home-educating children who struggle to overcome learning disabilities and how to continually engage a child who may be learning at a higher level. Colleen Kessler, Peg Dawson and Kathy Kuhl will be leading this track.
In addition to these focused tracks, there will also be other speaking sessions covering how-to’s and tips of teaching math, language arts, science, writing, foreign language, and more. Click here to see the posted workshop preview.
Moms will benefit from sessions encouraging them to continue their homeschooling journey, despite the obstacles and stresses that may be involved.
Children will have the option to enjoy a conference of their own! Hosted by Giant Cow Ministries, this is a high-energy, Biblical-based children’s conference.
A huge exhibit hall will be available for you to explore all the best curriculum and homeschooling resources available under one roof. Many of the curriculum authors will be present to answer your questions and help you decide which curriculum best fits your child’s learning style. There is no better way to make that all-important curriculum decision than to have “hands-on” access to every possible resource, right before your eyes.
As each day winds down after a full schedule of presentations and shopping, you and your family will have the opportunity to enjoy the evenings at the special events. The individuals presenting special events vary based on location, but the list includes:
- comedian Jeff Foxworthy (Texas)
- Holocaust Survivor Dr. Inge Auerbacher (Texas)
- Homeschooling Dad & Musician Andrew Peterson
- Inspirational Speaker Nick Vujicic (Texas and California)
- Former Mobster and Inspirational Speaker Michael Franzese
- Mike Berenstain, author and illustrator of Berentstain Bear books (Ohio)
- Bob Smiley (South Carolina, Ohio, California)
- Comedian John Crist (Ohio)
Enter To Win a Family Registration to Great Homeschool Conventions!
Doesn’t this convention sound AMAZING? Use the entry form below and be entered to win a free family registration to whichever Great Homeschool Convention is most convenient for you:
I Want to Go! What If I don’t Win?
As you can see, this coming year is going to be fabulous! Great Homeschool Conventions mission is to help you and your children’s homeschooling journey so that it may be more successful and less stressful in your God-given right to home-educate your children. Unfortunately, only 1 reader can win this giveaway, but there are early bird discounts right now, for the rest of us. Click here to register.
FREE Gifts to all that register:
As an additional benefit, those who register for the convention receive the following:
- A free Andrew Peterson album download (8 songs, a $7.99 value!)
- Free streaming access ($59 value) to all twelve episodes of “Ancient History” as well as “The Gospels” (episode 1) from our friends at DriveThru History. (Don’t wait though—the free access to these awesome history episodes is available only until October 1, 2017.)
- A free download of The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers e-book by Mike Berenstain (a $1.99 value) E-book offer is from the publisher, Zondervan.
- A free download of Focus on the Family audio recording: Bonhoeffer: The Cost of Freedom ($9.99 value)
- A free download of Adventures in Odyssey episode of Amazing Grace ($1.99 value)
Don’t forget to book your accommodations! Partnering hotels offer great rates to convention attendees, but the reserved blocks of hotel rooms sell out quickly, so be sure to book early. Find a hotel here.
Here’s what others are saying:
I was so overwhelmed as this is my first year homeschooling. I walked away with a greater sense of confidence and direction.
My husband got the encouragement he needed to be a part of our homeschool experience.
The quality and variety of speakers is what sets this convention apart from others.
Definitely the place to go to get answers to any questions you may have about curriculum.
Go! It’s worth every minute and every penny!
One last time… in case you’re looking for the link to register, it’s right here. I hope to see you there!